Confused about lockdown? Here's what you need to know:
Scotland’s First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, has just clarified what the current lockdown measures in Scotland are, the slight adjustment being made and how the measures differ from those that have been announced by the UK Government.
Stay at Home
This continues to be the case in Scotland and differs from the change in guidance announced by the UK Government – ‘stay alert’ – which will only apply to England. In Scotland you will not be permitted to:
- Go outside to sunbathe or have a picnic
- Return to work if your work can be done from home
- Hang out with groups of other people outwith your household
You may now leave the house for exercise several times a day, only if you abide by the 2m social distancing rule. This does not apply if:
- You have symptoms of Coronavirus
- Someone you live with has symptoms of Coronavirus
- If you are a member of the 'shielded group'
Face Coverings & Public Transport
The Scottish Government has strongly advised to wear face coverings if:
- Travelling on public transport
- If leaving your house to shop for essentials and medicine
The First Minister has stressed that we should stick to the stay at home measures currently in place. There is a strong recommendation to ‘stick to it’. The more people that do, the sooner lockdown restrictions can be relaxed. These measures aim to minimise the transmission of the virus as far as possible to keep the ‘R’ rate to a minimum. This will help us avoid a longer lockdown. The ultimate message is that if you live in Scotland, you should abide by the Scottish Government’s guidelines.
If you are still confused about lockdown and are unsure as to what the current measures are, please refer to the Scottish Government's website in the first instance.
The Cullen Property Team