Congratulations on finding your new property with us! It’s exciting moving in with your friends, especially when it’s a flat you’ve chosen together, and for many of you it may be your first time renting one of our properties. By now you’ve probably already paid the holding fee to secure your property, but you might be wondering what happens from now until the day you move in…
- First of all, arrange to sign the lease. The lease needs to be signed by all tenants before its start date. Preferably all tenants on the lease can come to the office at the same time but we can arrange separate signings if required.
- Arrange payment for your first month’s rent and remaining deposit. This all needs to be paid at least one month before the lease start date.
- If you have a guarantor, ensure their forms are returned to our office by the date stated.
- Post, or hand-in to our office, your direct debit form. We need this to be able to collect the rent throughout your tenancy.
- Decide when you wish to move into the property. You don’t need to move in on the start date of the lease - just give us two weeks’ notice of when you want to move in and we’ll arrange your check-in.
- We will meet you at the property to hand over the keys and check you in to your new home. We will show you around the property, explain how everything works (such as the heating), and we will even point you in the direction of the best local shops. We ask that no belongings are brought into the property until the check-in is complete.
- We will inform The City of Edinburgh Council and your utility suppliers once your lease starts.
If you have any other questions contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.